1. Get a recent report from the area you want to go.
2. Focus on one category of birds like shorebirds or warblers.
3. Go with two or more people to pick up more bird sounds and see more.
4. Look at maps of the area and figure out where you need to go and how to get there so you won't be delayed by backtracking and dead ends.
5. Pack accordingly and dress accordingly to the habitat to avoid delays.
These basic tips might help improve your day of birding and let you enjoy the experience more. Have a nice day!
Posted by John Mark Simmons