Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Almost half of the Winter backyard birds have arrived in GA. White Throated Sparrows, Cedar Waxwings, Yellow Rumped Warblers, and Purple Finches. There are still more to come and I am excited. I hope you are too. Many sounds that I haven't heard in months start to make themselves heard. The "tseeew" notes that the WT Sparrows make. The little chirps that the YR Warblers make. And of corse my favorite sound of the Winter, the WT Sparrow's full song. I predict that the Dark Eyed Juncos will arrive around Nov 6. We'll see if my guess is correct. Some scientists say this will be the coldest Winter in a long time. Winter bird paradise. My data from last year indicates that a lot of the other Winter backyard birds arrive in November. I hope you guys have a nice week. Keep birding!


Photo by John Mark Simmons

Posted by John Mark Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment