Tuesday, January 17, 2012

GA Coast Birding Trip Part 2

Here is the second part with more photos. I used manual focus on all the photos. The reason being my auto focus is rather slow on my camera and I have learned to master M focus. We are considering opening up a photo ID section where you can send in photos " from Eastern North America" and we will help to ID the subject. We are also going to start doing our own quizzes. First one is being posted today.  Hope you guys like the photos. If you do please follow and help spread the word about this blog.
Posted by John Mark Simmons
 Sunrise White Ibis
 Red Phalaropes
Boneparte's Gull

3 comments:

  1. Nice photos! And congrats on mastering manual focus. I am currently sticking with aperture priority, and haven't quite gotten the hang of it, but I'm getting there.

    Are red phalaropes common winter migrants to Georgia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red Phalaropes are common in winter but only on pelagics. they never come inland during non breeding season. They stay a minimum of about eight miles from shore usually. Very rarely seen from shore during winter. Thanks for your comment!

    JM for TB

    ReplyDelete