Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Advantages of Manual Focus

     Here is an example of a good time to use manual focus on your DSLR camera. When there are many branches or sticks in the way it is best to use manual. Too many leaves or sticks can confuse the AF system and it will focus where you don't want it to. As for me, I always use manual focus because my camera's AF is rather slow. I can beat my own auto focus so I use manual. Here is a picture of a Palm Warbler where I was glad I always use manual. There were not a substantial amount of sticks in the way but manual helped a lot to nail this bird. On average it is good to use AF for the majority of your shots. Unless you want to take it as a challenge and go manual. Thanks for reading and have a nice day.
Posted by John Mark Simmons

1 comment:

  1. I agree that auto focus would be very hard in situation like this.

    ReplyDelete